- Zweigelt 2017
- Austria > Burgenland
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Serve supple Austrian reds with straightforward flavors.
- Try roasted game birds and grilled vegetables,
- jägerschnitzel with mushroom gravy
- or cured and smoked meats; from pork to pastrami.
Eyes: Light Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, red fruits, smoky, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, raspberry, licorice, black pepper
- Founded in 1958 by Elizabeth and Johann Umathum, their youngest son, Josef, took the reins in 1985, expanding and improving the original vineyards, eventually embracing strict Steiner biodynamics in 2005 and has since been Demeter certified. Josef (known as Pepi) sums it up in succinct fashion, "Our wines are food for the soul... they are liquid folk tales."
Write Your Own Review