- Pinot Gris 2011
- Pinot Gris
- U.S.A. > Oregon
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Juicy and vibrant, pair a Pinot Gris with fleshy fish and spicy condiments.
- Try a lobster roll with lemon-aioli,
- grilled halibut with a Thai-mango salsa
- or a chili-spiked pasta with feta and tomatoes.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, lemon, pear, almond
- Why? Because they can. A label of the Union Wine Company, Underwood sources grapes from various Oregon AVA's and produces high quality, but un-fussy Pinots (Noir, Gris) and rosé at their Tulatin winery, located midway between the Willamette Valley and downtown Portland. Founder Ryan Harms and JP Caldcleugh do the winemaking. Unpretentiously delicious.
Write Your Own Review