- Amontillado Sherry Contrabandista
- Palomino Fino, Pedro Ximenez
- Spain > Andalusia
- White, Touch Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match an Amontillado's nutty richness with robust flavors.
- A luxurious partner to foie gras poached in consommé,
- garlicky lamb meatballs
- or a pear crumble with roquefort and hazelnuts.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, dried fruit, nutty, toffee
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, off-dry, medium acidity, intense, long finish, raisin, hazelnut, butterscotch
- Growers and almacenistas, the Valdespino family has been involved in the Sherry business for nearly 700 years. Though recently acquired by the Estévez family, the bodega can still claim to be the oldest in Jerez. Contrabandista evolves under a veiled flor for 8 years, aging further in solera for another 8 before a dash of Pedro Ximenez is added to finish the blend. Sublime.
Write Your Own Review