- Lacrima di Morro d'Alba 2016
- Lacrima di Morro d'Alba
- Italy > Marche
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Fresh
- Pair floral reds with flavorful vegetables and lighter meats.
- Serve with fricanto (Italian-style ratatouille),
- roasted veal with creamy mushrooms
- or sautéed chicken livers with caramelized onions.
Eyes: Light Purple
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, cherry, strawberry, violets
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, red fruits, herbaceous, almond
- Documented as far back as the 12th century, but a DOC only since 1985, the commune of Morro d'Alba on Marche's Adriatic coast is home to its eponymous grape, whose name might refer to custom of the ripe grape's skin being sliced, and its juice dripping in the form of tears (lacrima.) Then again, it could be the tear-shaped clusters on the vine. Either way; pretty tasty.
Write Your Own Review