Vientos del Sur
- Viognier 2014
- Argentina > Mendoza
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Fresh
- Viognier is perfect when your food-worlds collide.
- Ideal with Thai rice noodles with a basil-sesame pesto,
- curried pumpkin
- or a lobster roll with mango coulis.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-Light Intensity, youthful, floral, orange blossoms, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, apricot, peach, mineral
- It's no surprise, given Argentina's nearly 500 year wine heritage, with roots tracing back to most of Europe, that Viognier, a Southern French specialty, would eventually surface in Mendoza's fertile vineyards. A touch lighter in body than its Rhône cousins, but just as fragrant, this zesty, aromatic white screams fusion.
Write Your Own Review