- Barbaresco 2014
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Lean
- Match a floral-scented, elegantly earthy Barbaresco with savory and long-cooked dishes.
- Risotto ai funghi porcini,
- rosemary and thyme-braised lamb shoulder
- or tagliatelle with robiola rochetta and truffles.
Eyes: Brick Red
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, dusty, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, black cherry, licorice, earthy
- Family-owned for generations, Veglio Michelino & Figlio is located between Diano d'Alba and Serralunga d'Alba and maintains key vineyard sites growing Dolcetto, Barbera and most importantly, Nebbiolo. For their Barbaresco, they soft-press the grapes and ferment for 4-5 days, age the wine for 4 months in steel, then 2 years in 5000L barrels. The wine rests in bottle for 6 months before release.
Write Your Own Review