- Chardonnay North Slope 2011
- U.S.A. > California
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Serve luscious, mineral-laden Chardonnays with decadent, cream-textured dishes.
- Delightful with lobster risotto,
- Bresse chicken with mushroom sauce
- and absolutely epic with macaroni and cheese!
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, honey, slate, stone fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, intense, long finish, citrus fruits, peach, hazelnut, butterscotch, mineral
- The Hansel Chardonnays are fermented and aged in barrels for a total of 10 months with lees stirring once a week for the first 8 weeks. Hansel favors Francois Freres and Seguin Moreau barrels, typically 50% new for the Chardonnays. This 2011 bottling used less new oak and more frequent lees stirring. Bottlerocket chirps in with, "Awesomely amazing!"
Write Your Own Review