- Sylvaner, Weissburgunder
- Germany > Pfalz
- Bubbly White, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Zesty
- Match a lively petillant-naturel with whatever you can drag up to your roof or down to the park.
- Go for saucisson sec, comté,
- a leek and ricotta tart
- and a bunch of fried stuff, like shrimp and eggplant.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, crushed stones, orchard fruit
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, salty, lemon, green apple
- Brothers Daniel and Jonas, shook up the Brand family tree. Five generations of vignerons in, they decided in 2011 that their 18 hectares of limestone-rich vineyards in the northern Pfalz should be farmed striclty organic/biodynamic. They were certified in 2017. Their Pet-Nat, the 1st to be registered in Germany, is wild yeast fermented in tanks and old barrels and left on its lees for "as long as possible."
Write Your Own Review