Weingut Carl Ehrhard
- Riesling Rudesheim Berg Roseneck Spat. 1994
- Germany > Rheingau
- White, Touch Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- 20+ year old Spatlese? Think rich. Think savory. Think special.
- Try seared foie gras with baked quince,
- roasted grouse with cinnamon and cider
- or striped bass in an intense, Vietnamese-style,caramel-sauce.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, citrus fruits, crushed stones, floral
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, off-dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, orchard fruit, slate, smoky
- Carl Ehrhard and his wife Petra tend their vineyards, run a catering business and a vinotek in the Rhine town of Rüdesheim (home of the Medieval Torture Museum) and somehow find the time to not only make terrific wines, but enjoy all that they do. This two decade old Spatlese was produced from hillside Berg Roseneck grapes and, like the Ehrhards, is a very rare treat.
Write Your Own Review