Weingut Carl Ehrhard
- Riesling Rudesheim Berg Rottland Spatlese 1994
- Germany > Rheingau
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- 20 year old Spatlese? Think sweet, think savory, think special.
- Try seared foie gras with baked quince,
- roasted grouse with cinnamon and cider
- or a sweet and savory caramel-sauced striped bass.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, earthy, petroleum, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, medium sweet, medium acidity, intense, long finish, quince, peach, honey
- Carl Ehrhard and his wife Petra tend their vineyards, run a catering business and a vinotek in the Rhine town of Rüdesheim (home of the Medieval Torture Museum) and somehow find the time to not only make terrific wines, but enjoy all that they do. This two decade old Spatlese was culled from the hillside Berg Rottland vineyard and, like the Ehrhards, is a rare treat.
Write Your Own Review