Weingut Heribert Boch
- Riesling Trittenheimer Apoteke Eiswein 2002
- Germany > Mosel
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Serve Eiswein impulsively and unexpectedly.
- Pair with a chilled, mango-melon soup
- or a quince tart.
- Not hedonistic enough? How about a duck confit turnover topped with peach and apricot jam?
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Intense, developing, biscuit, citrus fruits, honey
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, sweet, high acidity, intense, endless finish, apricot, peach, honey
- Only intentionally produced commercially since the 1960's (really?), Eiswein represents the pinnacle of what a grape can give. For family wineries like Michael and Anne Boch's, it means numerous and laborious night-time passes in the frost covered, almost vertically sloped vineyard, hand-picking super-ripe, frozen, rot-free grapes; soon transformed into glorious nectar.
Write Your Own Review