- St. Laurent 2013
- St. Laurent
- Austria > Burgenland
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Rich and smoky with a briny zest, pair St. Laurents with roasted and grilled fare.
- Serve with a pancetta and herb-stuffed Cornish game hen,
- lamb souvlaki with tzatziki
- or savory stuffed mushrooms.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black cherry, floral, smoky
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, blackberry, cherry, herbaceous
- Given control of the family winery at 18, Gerhard Pittnauer completed his wine education on the job, fusing his love for the great wines of the world with the uniqueness of his Burgenland terroir. Today, with his wife Brigitte, they utilize biodynamics. A St. Laurent specialist (Pinot Noir on steroids), Pittnauer's '13 starts with natural yeast and ends with 2nd use French oak.
Write Your Own Review