- Das Ist Keine Orange 2021
- Müller-Thurgau, Sylvaner
- Germany > Rheinhessen
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Zesty
- Serving a full-flavored skin-contact white? Think global and well-spiced.
- Go for Vietnamese-style braised catfish,
- British/Indian-style curries like madras or korma
- and Hong Kong-style dim sum.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, earthy, stone fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, cooking spices, lime, peach
- Founded in 1846 as a rye and wheat mill (schlossmuhle = castle mill), the property also had a vineyard attached to it, and by the 1920's, the grapes were cultivated for sale instead of family use. Five generations later, the vineyard area has expanded, but the Michel family and their eco-healthy farming practices remain. After whole cluster maceration and spontaneous fermentation, DIKO ages on its lees before bottling.
Write Your Own Review