- Pinot Noir 2018
- Pinot Noir
- Germany > Pfalz
- Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- Light, juicy and crisp, pair Pinot Noir with flavorfully rustic recipes
- Serve with a roasted pork loin,
- thickly cut salmon steaks
- or a vegetable casserole chock-full of creamy mushrooms.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, strawberry, cherry, mineral
- Sonnenberg is at the end of the German wine road and a stone’s throw from the French Alsatian border, the loose, gravely soil ideal for growing Pinot Noir. Gunter Scheu and son Klaus' 2011 Spätburgunder is an assemblage of hand-picked grapes from several vineyard sites, tank-fermented, then aged for a year in a combination large neutral oak barrels, barriques and tanks. The wine is then bottled unfiltered.
Write Your Own Review