- Chablis Champs Royaux 2019
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- A classic Chablis can be absolute perfection when paired with sea creatures.
- Unrivaled with oysters, but equally ideal with chilled blue crabs
- and steamed littleneck clams.
- Works with tarragon chicken too.
Eyes: Pale Yellow-Green
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, floral, orchard fruit
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, lemon, green apple, chalk
- This so-called basic Chablis is not so basic considering the diversity terroir-wise of its components and their historical provenance; all of their grapes are culled from the original limits of Chablis prior to expansion in the 1970's and from sites on par with their Premier Cru vines. Purchased by Henriot in 1998, vinification has since been fulfilled by the team behind Bouchard. A vibrant and chalky textbook.
Write Your Own Review