Beatrice et Pascal Lambert
- Chinon Rosé Cuvée Mathilde 2021
- Cabernet Franc
- France > Loire Valley
- Rose, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- Vivid and textural rosé? Open the fridge and start cooking.
- Go for a grilled eggplant and goat cheese salad,
- Guatemalan-style tamales Colorado
- or teriyaki salmon with sesame bok choy all fit the bill.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, crushed stones, lemon, raspberry
- Beatrice and Pascal Lambert aimed to craft the richest Chinons out there when they founded Les Chesnaies in 1987. By 2000 they had embraced organic farming and soon thereafter, biodynamics. For Cuvée Matilde, it's 80% whole cluster, 10-50 year old Cabernet Franc, direct press, spontaneous fermentation and 5-6 months in steel tank on its lees. Little to no added sulfites and a light filtration. That's all.
Write Your Own Review