- Vermouth Royal Rouge
- Wine, Pineau des Charentes, Herbs, Botanicals
- France > Charente
- Red, Touch Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Spicy, Soft
- In the glass or on the stove top, sweet vermouth is a necessary ingredient.
- Essential in a Rob Roy,
- eponymous in "Sweet Vermouth Chicken"
- and perfect in Portuguese pork and clams.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, herbaceous, red fruits, vanilla
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, medium sweet, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, cherry, mint, hazelnut
- Developed by Jean-Sebastien Robicquet (Ciroc, G-Vine) and produced in Charente from a base of white wines, Pineau des Charentes (a Vin de Liqueur; fresh grape juice and must blended with very young Cognac) and a slew of botanicals (12-28) from angelica to quinine bark, La Quininye (pronounced: quin-tea-knee) was named for Louis XIV's chief gardener and herb master.
Write Your Own Review