- Rosso Piceno Pongelli 2014
- Sangiovese, Montepulciano
- Italy > Marche
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Hearty
- Bottled-aged Adriatic red? Go straight to the comfort zone.
- A hearty bowl of ribollita to start,
- then mushroom risotto and a couple of pan-sautéed, baby lamb chops.
- Finish the bottle with a chunk of aged Pecorino.
Nose: Medium Intensity, mature, earthy, eucalyptus, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, cherry, mushroom
- A rambling 900 acre estate of vineyards, wheat, corn, sunflowers and olive groves, Bucci has been farmed organically since 1999. A Verdicchio specialist, their lone red is sourced from the San Fortunato vineyard, perched 900 feet above the Adriatic. The 50/50 blend is barrel-fermented with inative yeast and aged in French and Slavonian oak for a year and rested in bottle for 6 months before release.
Write Your Own Review