Chateau La Conseillante
- Pomerol 2008
- Merlot, Cabernet Franc
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Match a bottle-aged Pomerol with long-cooked, meaty dishes.
- Try classics like roast beef, lamb stew and pot roast.
- Be daring with braised oxtail
- or experiment with red cooking pork and chestnuts.
Nose: Medium Intensity, mature, floral, mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, chocolate, earthy
- Straddling the enviable border of Pomerol and Saint-Emilion, Chateau La Conseillante counts Cheval Blanc and l'Evengile as its neighbors. In the hands of the Nicolas family, for whom the N centered on their label signifies, since the 1870's, this historic property was the first in the appellation to employ the use of stainless steel tanks. Although state of the art and renovated the winery's approach is strictly traditional.
Write Your Own Review