- Prologo Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2014
- Italy > Abruzzo
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Mineral, Muscular
- A robust Montepulciano will compliment the meatiest of meats and the earthiest of roasted fare.
- Go for venison bourguignon,
- pappardelle with a wild boar ragù
- or lamb shanks with roasted parsnips.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, forest floor, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, black cherry, licorice, earthy
- Located midway between the Adriatic and what is probably Europe's southernmost glacier, Nicoletta de Fermo and Stefano Papetti's underground (yes, literally) winery is surrounded by 40 acres of biodynamically-farmed vineyards. A former urban lawyer, Papetti has resurrected the historic de Fermo estate right down to the concrete tanks. All wines are naturally fermented without temperature control.
Write Your Own Review