Domaine Simon Bize
- Savigny les Beaune les Vergelesses 2011
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Pair a succulent, but crisp white Beaune with rich fish and poultry, baked or broiled.
- Try tilapia topped with a citrus-garlic sauce,
- broiled scallops in lemon-chive butter
- or chicken Francese.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, nutty, stone fruits, wet stones
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, intense, long finish, pear, green apple, mineral
- Located across the road from the Chateau de Savigny, a castle that now doubles as four museums (Abarth race cars, aviation, motorcycle and of course, wine), Patrick Bize vinifies the grapes from his family's 50 acres of vineyards spread throughout the Côte de Beaune. His calling card is the Premier Cru aux Vergelesses, culled from a 3/4 acre old-vine site.
Write Your Own Review