- Cattle King Syrah 2013
- U.S.A. > Washington
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- A Syrah this dense needs twice the food to match it. So, double it up.
- Pair with double creme brie and glazed venison paté,
- double-cooked pork with hoisin sauce
- or double cut veal chop saltimbocca.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, olives, smoky
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, violets, creme de cassis, licorice
- The 2013 bottling represents the 3rd release of Charles Smith's Cattle King, a blend of Yakima's Snipes Mountain Upland vineyard fruit and Walla Walla located River Rock's (owned and farmed by Dana Dibble.) Deeply layered and as intensely concentrated as any WA Syrah ever has been, this other WA (Wine Advocate) fave turns all the knobs to 11, but amazingly, remains distortion-free.
Write Your Own Review