- Amarone della Valpolicella 2009
- Corvina, Rondinella, Molinara
- Italy > Veneto
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair powerful reds with full-flavored fare.
- Try pan-roasted duck breast with a balsamic glaze,
- braised lamb-shanks with caramelized onions
- or honey-drenched gorgonzola with slivered almonds.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, creme de cassis, floral, herbaceous, raisin
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, blackberry, fig, licorice
- Amarones can never be rushed. Grapes are harvested and then dried on straw mats for several months before fermenting. At Marchesi Biscardo, they age the wine 3-4 years in Slovenian oak casks and an additional year in bottle before releasing it to the world. This process results in highly concentrated, rich wines that should never be rushed at the table either. A classic.
Write Your Own Review