- Vareij 2016
- Brachetto, Barbera
- Italy > Piemonte
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Fresh
- Easy going, young reds can be the one wine at a multi-course meal.
- Start with salty appetizers like olives and proscuitto,
- continue with eggplant lasagna
- and then fish topped with tomatoes and capers.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, strawberry, violets, white pepper
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, floral, red fruits, cloves
- Piemontese for "variation", Annette Hilberg and Michele Pasquero’s Vareij is a biodynamic blend of Brachetto and Barbera. The Brachetto, a highly aromatic variety usually used for sweet sparkling wine, is fermented completely dry before blending with their lip-smackingly crisp Barbera. Viva Vareij!
Write Your Own Review