- Blaufrankisch 2019
- Austria > Burgenland
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Vibrant
- Serve compact, but complex reds with straightforward flavors.
- Pair with roasted game birds,
- grilled vegetables drizzled with olive oil
- or cured and smoked meats from pork to pastrami.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, mineral, vanilla
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, red fruits, spicy, earthy
- In speaking of Moric, Roland Velich's "Blaufränkisch Unplugged" project, the Wine Advocate opined, "His are wines in a style you will not encounter anywhere else: Blaufrankisch vinified as if it were Grand Cru Burgundy... One sip is an Oz experience. From his dreams, to his vines, to his vinification, to his retro label, Velich is in a world of his own." Wine & Spirit just said "juicy nervosity."
Write Your Own Review