- Barbaresco Sori' Paitin 2016
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Hearty
- Match an elegantly assertive Barbaresco with feathered game and well-flavored meats.
- Go for pomrgranate-glazed roasted quail,
- pan-sautéed duck in a truffle cream
- or rosemary-braised lamb shoulder.
Eyes: Brick Red
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, forest floor, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, cherry, herbaceous, eucalyptus
- Best known for their releases from within the Sarraboella region of Barbareso, just outside the town of Nieve, 200+ year old Paitin stands out as traditional and classic even in an area brimming with said same. They farm organically (with biodynamic leanings), hand-harvesting Nebbiolo from their 9 acre Sori Paitin vineyard, macerating the fruit for up to 45 days before maturing for 3 years in Salvonian oak.
Write Your Own Review