Sur de los Andes
- Malbec 2012
- Argentina > Mendoza
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Fresh
- Sure Malbecs love meat, but they also love flavorful non-meats.
- Try with a mushroom covered seitan steak,
- or vegan spaghetti Bolognese.
- OK, go ahead and grill a ribeye.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, black fruits, tobacco, vanilla
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, black currant, licorice
- Created recently by Guillermo Banfi, Bodega Sur (producer of Sur and Alma de los Andes) sources fruit from 20-80 year old "fincas" thoughout Mendoza. Aged 4 months in oak, their 2012 Malbec is fruit-driven and rich, with a zesty, crisp finish.
Write Your Own Review