Domaine de Chezatte
- Sancerre Rosé 2019
- Pinot Noir
- France > Loire Valley
- Rose, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Sancerre rosé? Just keep the flavors bright and everything will fall into place.
- Go for an heirloom tomato and basil tart,
- a calamari, chile and watermelon salad
- and sweet-tangy-salty Korean-style chicken wings.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, red plum, lemon, strawberry
- Owned and managed by the Maudrey family for 4 generations, the 1st vines planted at Domaine de Chezatte were a scant hectare of Gamay in 1945 for family consumption only. The switch to Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir did not come until a decade later when the Maubreys decided to bottle and sell their own wines. Their vineyards, 30 hectares now, are planted in two-thirds flinty clay and one-third limestone.
Write Your Own Review