- Bandol Rosé 2019
- Mourvedre, Granache, Cinsault
- France > Provence
- Rose, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Bandol hugs the Mediterranean, and so do the flavors that best compliment their rosés.
- Everything from tapanade and cured meats
- to an extravagant plateau de fruits de mer.
- A feta and onion tart too.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, crushed stones, strawberry, peach
- The most iconic property in Bandol, perhaps in all of Provence, after Lulu Tempier married Lucien Peyraud in 1936, the couple was gifted this circa 1834 property and by 1941, under Lucien's urging, Bandol was awarded its own AOC. Mourvedre is the heart of the estate, and it makes up over half of the blend in their legendary rosé. The wine is 65% direct press, fermented and aged in 50-50 steel and cement.
Write Your Own Review