La Bastide Blanche
- Bandol Rosé
- Mourvèdre, Grenache, Cinsault, Clairette
- France > Provence
- Rose, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Bandol hugs the Mediterranean, and so do the flavors that best compliment their rosés.
- Everything from tapanade and cured meats
- to an extravagant plateau de fruits de mer.
- Goat cheese tarts too.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, mineral, orange blossoms, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, cherry, pear, melon
- Purchased by brothers Louis and Michel Bronzo in the 1970's, La Bastide Blanche was positioned to to produce red wines in the style of the southern Rhone big boys. While their rouge is still crucial, it's the rosé that everybody clamors for these days. Utilizing strict organic viticulture, their Mourvedre goes straight to press, while the supporting grapes see a bit of skin contact.
Write Your Own Review