- Champagne Cuvée Marie-Amelie 2012
- France > Champagne
- Bubbly White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- Uniquely nuanced vintage Champagne?
- A treat with roasted oysters and buttery lobster.
- Try with wild salmon, seared scallops or poulet à la crème et champignons.
- Okay, chicken and waffles too.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: brioche, chalk, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, green fruit, stone fruits, mineral
- Owned and run by 5th generation Champenois, Marie-Noëlle Henriet-Rainon and her husband, Nicolas, this independent grower/producer sustainably farms nearly 15 acres of Grand Cru vineyards in Verzenay and Verzy as well as Premier Cru sites in Villers-Marmery. Their Cuvée Marie-Amelie, named for their daughter, is sourced from 80+ year old vines, fermented in enamel vats and aged for 5 years on its lees.
Write Your Own Review