- Collection Brut Champagne 1988
- PinotNoir, Chardonnay, Pinot
- Bubbly White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity,
- Elegant, layered and dramatically hedonistic, Krug elevates a special event into an extraordinary one.
- Absolute perfection on its own,
- but bold enough for roasted oysters
- and seared duck breast with figs.
Nose: Intense, mature, cooking spices, honeysuckle, lemon
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, intense, endless finish, green fruit, hazelnut, honey
- A super limited quantity of bottles of Krug's vintages are kept in their cellars, tasted and evaluated regularly (can I have that job?), then disgorged, labeled and released into a second life as their Collection series. The 1988 bottling is warming and nuanced, the years in bottle adding layers of secondary aromas and myriad tertiary flavors that remain amazingly focused and structured.
Write Your Own Review