Antonio Lopes Ribeiro
- Vinho Verde Biotite 2019
- Loureiro, Aresso, Arinto
- Portugal > Vinho Verde
- White, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Match a bracingly crisp, mineral-rich white with simply prepared seafood and well-seasoned vegetables.
- Fried calamari, grilled sardines,
- bacalao al pil pil
- or a chilled spring pea and mint soup.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Light Bodied, off-dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, salty, slate, lemon
- Farmed organically since the 90's and ECOCERT certified in 1997, Casa de Mouraz was the first biodynamic winery in the Dao. Antonio Lopes Ribeiro and Sara Dionisio, refugees from the Lisbon art world, farm 13 hectares of indigenous varieties, utilizing natural yeasts and extended lees aging for Antonio's side hustle, Biotite; the only wine named for a common group of phyllosilicate minerals within the mica group.
Write Your Own Review