- Mash Pitt 2017
- Sauvignon Blanc, Grüner Veltliner, Chardonnay
- Austria > Burgenland
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Mineral, Zesty
- Match a vivid skins-on white to your palate-pleasing food finds.
- Grab a plate of stuffed green olives and crumbly feta,
- salmon bulgogi with bok choy and mushrooms
- or a cider-brined pork loin with roasted apples.
Nose: Intense, developing, earthy, herbaceous, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, crushed stones, orange blossoms, apricot
- Given control of the family winery at 18, Gerhard Pittnauer completed his wine education on the job, fusing his love for the great wines of the world with the uniqueness of his Burgenland terroir. Working with his wife Brigitte, they append their natural approach with 21st century attitude. For Mash Pitt, it's 20 days skin contact during spontaneous co-fermentation, then 8 months in barrique before unfiltered bottling.
Write Your Own Review