- Elisabeth 2019
- Chenin Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Why not make a barrel-fermented Chenin Blanc the evening's star?
- Try almond-stuffed dates with Cabrales to start,
- then sautéed scallops and a lemon-Parmesan risotto.
- Finish with an apricot-stuffed pork loin.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, honeysuckle, mineral, orchard fruit
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, crushed stones, pear, honey
- As wine rarities go, Chinon Blanc is right near the top. With just 2% of the appellation planted to Chenin Blanc, only a few estates produce and bottle any for sale, and of those that do, maybe a handful get exported. Chateau la Trochoire is run by three brothers, symbolized by the 3-legged chicken weather vane on the label, and organically farmed. Their Chinon Blanc Elisabeth is barrel-fermented and aged.
Write Your Own Review