Cave de Gigondas
- Vacqueyras 2018
- Grenache, Syrah, Cinsault, Mourvedre
- France > Rhone
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Spicy,
- Serve a garrigue-tinged southern Rhöne with savory and meaty flavors.
- Osso buco, pot-au-feu, tangine makfoul,
- flank steak, pot roast, short ribs,
- picadillo, bacon cheeseburgers and shepherd's pie all fit the bill.
Eyes: Light Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, smoky, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, raspberry, herbaceous
- Founded in 1956 and now covering over 650 acres of vineyard owned by 75 growers, the Cave de Gigondas cooperative located in the foothills of the Dentelles de Montmirail in the southern Rhône valley. Their traditionally produced and styled Vacqueyras starts with a manual harvest of old-vine grapes planted in sandy, clay-limestone soil, fermented in tanks and matured in large vats. Elegantly powerful.
Write Your Own Review