- Madeira Verdelho 2008
- Portugal > Madeira
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Pairing dishes with a super-zesty, medium-sweet Verdelho Madeira? Don't spare the salt!
- Grab some olives, almonds, aged Pecorino,
- smoked ham, county paté
- and a rabbit and pistachio terrine.
Nose: Intense, mature, citrus fruits, dried fruit, nutty
Mouth: Medium Bodied, medium sweet, high acidity, intense, long finish, salty, lemon, hazelnut
- The oldest company currently in the Madeira trade, Cossart Gordon was founded in 1745 by Scotsman, Francis Newton. By 1850, they were said to be shipping "half the island"; the bulk of which was headed for the US. The 20th century saw expansion to include all the major fortified wines: Port, Sherry, Marsala and Malaga, but WWII made international logistics a wee bit difficult and they scaled back to their core business.
Write Your Own Review