Costador Terroirs Mediterranis
- Comadellops 2019
- Sumoll Negre
- Spain > Catalonia
- Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- Match alluring amphora reds with intriguingly put together dishes.
- Try duck confit with cherries and bleu cheese,
- vinegar-braised chicken with peppered polenta
- or better yet, bring on the charcuterie board!
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, herbaceous, mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, crushed stones, cranberry, cherry
- Joan Franquet grew up in the Priorat, working with his family in the olive oil biz. Problem was, on each of his sales trips, grapes and wine interested him more. In 2009, he became a sommelier and with a partner, founded the Costador estate in Conca de Barbera. He uses tanks, amphora, acacia and used French oak barrels barrels for fermentation and aging, and Normacoc zero carbon footprint corks.
Write Your Own Review