- Semillon 2018
- Argentina > Mendoza
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Fresh
- Bright, rich and crisp, Semillon and seafood are best friends forever.
- Match with a tomato and leek-topped pan-roasted cod,
- sautéed whiting in a lemon cream,
- or a Thai-style coconut curry shrimp noodle bowl.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, herbaceous, smoky
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, long finish, green fruit, orchard fruit, almond
- Located in Paraje Altamira, at an altitude of over 3000 feet, the aptly named Finca Remota vineyard is the source of partners Anabelle Sielecki and winemaker Roberto de La Mota's over 70 year old, ungrafted Semillon. The grapes are whole cluster pressed, with 15% barrel fermented and aged while the rest is done in steel tanks. An oxidative vinification stabilizes the wine, so few sulfites need be added.
Write Your Own Review