Chateau Mont Thabor
- Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre
- France > Rhone
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Serve a bold Chateauneuf-du-Pape with full-flavored fare.
- Pair with pan-seared, rosemary lamb chops,
- tea-smoked duck breast with hoisin sauce
- or bistec de palomilla on top of black beans and rice.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, heavy tannin, intense, medium-long finish, smoky, blackberry, cherry
- Founded by the Illumineres de Avignon sect and named for a seedling brought from Israel's holy mountain, Mont-Thabor passed into several hands before the Swiss family Stehlin copped it in the 1880's. Two generations later, after selling in bulk for centuries, Daniel Stehlin upgraded and renovated, purchased a parcel of Syrah and since 2001, started producing world class Chateauneuf-du-Pape.
Write Your Own Review