Domaine A & P de Villaine
- Bouzeron de Aligoté 2020
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Crisp and minerally, Aligoté goes with almost anything that lives in a shell.
- Try char-grilled oysters crusted with Parmesan,
- garlicky clams tossed with linguine
- or a shrimp and scallop risotto with mushrooms.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, herbaceous, mineral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium-long finish, creamy, salty, lemon
- Created in 1997, Bouzeron is the only appellation for Burgundy's overlooked white grape, Aligoté. While the AOC limits yields to 45 hl/ha, de Villaine controls theirs through selective planting, severe pruning and thinning, resulting in yields 20% lower than required. The result of this non-greedy approach helps create a wine blended from 17 separate parcels and 9 distinct sites. Chardonnay need not apply.
Write Your Own Review