- Bandol Rouge 2019
- Mourvedre, Grenache, Cinsault, Carignan
- France > Provence
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Spicy, Muscular
- While Bandol rosé cleans up at the beach, Bandol rouge likes to get dirty with roasted and meaty fare.
- Try turnips and squash baked with a five-sice glaze,
- savory lamb tagine
- or cumin-rubbed pork chops.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, floral, leather
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, high acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, raspberry, blackberry, forest floor
- The most iconic estate in Bandol, perhaps in all of Provence, after Lulu Tempier married Lucien Peyraud in 1936, the couple was gifted this circa 1834 property and by 1941, under Lucien's urging, Bandol was awarded its own AOC. Mourvedre is at their heart, and it makes up over 75% of their red blend. After natural fermentation, the wine ages in oak foudres for 18-20 months and is bottled without fining or filtration.
Write Your Own Review