Familie J.M. Cazes
- Saint-Estephe de les Ormes de Pez 2016
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Hearty
- Pair a classically-styled Bordeaux with meaty fare, whether roasted, grilled or slow-cooked.
- Try a pan-seared veal steak with caramelized onions,
- baby lamb chops with rosemary
- or melt-in-your-mouth brisket.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, earthy, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish,
- Essentially a 3rd label of Cru Bourgeois, Chateau les Ormes de Pez, the grapes for the Familie J.M. Cazes bottling are harvested from the estate's younger vines, but treated much the same as the flagship. The assemblage is a deft blend of nearly equal parts Merlot and Cabernets Sauvignon and Franc aged for 16 months in barrique, nearly half of which is new. Textbook style without the slightest bit of austerity.
Write Your Own Review