- Riesling Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese 2014
- Germany > Mosel
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Crisp
- Match a mouth-filling Spätlese with rich and exotically spiced fish, poultry and white meats.
- Superb with lobster Cantonese,
- duck leg confit
- or twice cooked pork belly with an onion and apple velouté.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, orange blossoms
Mouth: Medium Bodied, medium sweet, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, slate, lime, peach
- Eighth generation vintners, the Kerpen family's 18 acres of holdings make up for their lack of size by location, location, location. Cultivating only Riesling, their vineyards are in Wehlen (Sonnenuhr), Graacher (Himmelreich, Domprobst) and Berkastel (Bratenhofchen), all of which are planted to blue Devonian slate. Prototypically old school, their wines are fermented in fuder.
Write Your Own Review