- Assyrtiko Thalassitis 2018
- Greece > Aegean Islands
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Zesty
- Pair mineral-rich and lip-smackingly nervy whites with briny seafood and greenmarket vegetables.
- Try cuttlefish with fresh favas,
- charred eggplant with herbed goat cheese
- or traditional tomato keftedes.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, salty, smoky
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, crushed stones, green fruit, honeysuckle
- Founded in 1994 by Leon Karatsalos and Yiannis Paraskevopoulos with the lofty mission of pushing the then stoic Greek wine industry towards revitalization and modernization by utilizing indigenous grapes over global and reestablishing regional styles. Their holdings now include a winery in Nemea, but their beginnings are rooted in the volcanic soil of Santorini in a facility that was once a tomato processing plant.
Write Your Own Review