- Late Harvest 2016
- Furmint, Muscat, Hàrslevelü
- Hungary > Tokaj
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair well balanced late harvest wines with straight forward, super-rich flavors and textures.
- Perfect with pan-seared foie gras,
- ripe blue-veined cheeses
- or an almond, apricot and brown butter tart.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, apricot, peach, melon
- Tokaji was proclaimed by King Louis XIV, "Vinum Regum, Rex Vinorum" (Wine of Kings and King of Wines), but the new golden age in Tokaj really began with the fall of Communism in 1989. Founded in 1990 with Karoly Ats as chief winemaker, Royal Tokaji represented the first foreign investment (Hugh Johnson among others) in this historic region. The French soon followed.
Write Your Own Review