Casanova Della Spinetta
- Il Rosé di Casanova 2020
- Sangiovese, Prugnolo Gentile
- Italy > Tuscany
- Rose, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Pop a bright, fresh Tuscan rosato and eat the day away.
- Start with polpette di melanzane.
- Next up, salmon with rosemary orzo.
- Finish off with a lamb, feta and olive salad with red-currant dressing.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, floral, mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, raspberry, cranberry, black cherry
- Now an indispensable branch in his forest of Barolo, Barbera, Barbaresco and Moscato, La Spinetta's indefatigable producer, Giorgio Rivetti, ferments the Sangiovese for his rosé with natural yeast, gives it one hour of skin contact and ages the wine on its lees for 3 months before bottling. Why the rhino on his labels? Because Rivetti really likes the work of German artist Albrecht Dürer. Now you know.
Write Your Own Review