Castello di Stefanago
- Corti-Giani 2017
- Italy > Lombardy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Spicy,
- Match a savory skins-on white with boldly flavored dishes.
- Try garlicky, chili shrimp with a cilantro-lime slaw,
- an olive and anchovy-stuffed chicken breast
- or chana saag masala over riced cauliflower.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, cooking spices, earthy, orchard fruit
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, lime, apricot, herbaceous
- Orchards, forests and meadows surround Antonio and Giacomo Barrufaldi's organically farmed vineyards in the Oltropo Pavese hills. The vineyards, in turn, surround the 14th century castle that gives the winery its name. For their naturally fermented Cort-Giani, subtitled "Mi stai sulle bucce" (You are on the skins), the maceration lasts 62 days. The barreled wine is racked 3 times and then bottled unfiltered.
Write Your Own Review