- Barolo Serralunga d'Alba 2013
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- A balance of power, finesse and complexity, serve a Barolo with full-flavored fare.
- Try roasted quail with wild cherries,
- lamb shanks over porcini risotto
- or shave some truffles over braised rabbit and leeks.
Eyes: Brick Red
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, leather , tar, violets
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, red fruits, licorice, earthy
- Davide Rosso was 27 years old when he took over the winemaking duties at his family's estate in 2001. Sourced from 15-30 year old vines, family-owned for a century, located in Serralunga d'Alba, Davide ferments his fruit in cement tanks with natural yeast and ages the wine in French (Fontainebleau) oak barrels for 3 years, bottling without filtration. Wonderfully dark and complex.
Write Your Own Review