- Chianti Classico Riserva Ser Lapo 2018
- Sangiovese, Merlot
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity,
- Enjoy a classically-styled Chianti Riserva with the meatier side of Tuscan fare.
- Now's the time for tagliatelle with wild boar ragu,
- braised cannellini beans with grilled sausage
- or lamb and artichoke stew.
Eyes: Deep Ruby
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, herbaceous, leather , red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, cherry, licorice, cedar
- Recognized as one of the oldest wineries in Italy, the Mazzei family is able to trace back 25 generations to their 14th century winemaking patriarch, Ser Lapo, whose namesake Chianti Classico Riserva is produced from 15-30 year-old vines, 90% Sangiovese and 10% assorted, local varieties, fermented in tank and aged for a year in French barrique. The wine rests for 5 months before bottling.
Write Your Own Review